Sunday, December 14, 2014

Cereal

             How do you like your cereal?  People have many different preferences on how they like their cereal.  I personally like my cereal with white milk, in a large bowl, and having it sit for a minute so the cereal isn’t soggy, but it also isn’t too crunchy.  It also depends on what kind of cereal I am eating.  Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats is an awesome and a tasty cereal.  I normally like to coat the frosting side in milk and then eat it, just so it’s softer and not so hard.  On the other hand, with fruit loops I like to dip them all in milk and immediately eat them because they aren’t tasty when soggy.   
                I have many friends who don’t even like to eat cereal with milk.  I feel like the flavor really comes out when milk is added though.  Do you drink your milk in the bowl when you’re done eating the cereal?  I don’t, but many people love that extra sugary milk.  I just don’t like having the leftover cereal pieces sneak in my mouth when I drink the milk and then choke because of an unexpected cereal chunk. 
                 What about chocolate milk?  Some people only eat cereal if it has chocolate milk with it.  How bizarre is that?  I don’t like cereal with chocolate milk because I think that would be way too sugary and I would only be able to taste the chocolate milk instead of the flavor of the cereal.
                Have you ever heard of the cereal straws or flavored straws?  The cereal straws would be used in milk and then you can eat the straw as you’re drinking.  The flavored straws have chocolate or other flavors in them and they are edible.  It would be for when you’re on the go or you just are too lazy to pick up a spoon and eat the cereal.  When I was little I had a couple different kinds.  If you haven’t tried them before I would suggest that you stop reading this blog and go to the store now to buy some.
                Soggy cereal is also like by some people.  If I wanted oatmeal I would eat oatmeal.  Cereal is crunchy for a reason and should stay at least partly crunchy and not like a soupy oatmeal mixture.  I guess some people just like nasty cereal. 
                Cereal is an amazing thing and brings me back to my childhood.  Have you noticed how much cereal you eat now compared to how much you ate when you were a kid?  I guess some people might eat more now, but most people don’t.  If you don’t have a box of cereal at your house for those lazy, cereal eating days, you should go and buy a box.  Cereal is even good for baking, so it’s always good to have some on hand.  When you are done eating the cereal though, make sure you reseal the bag or close it well.  No one wants to have stale cereal.  Enjoy your next bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment