Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sheet Music Application


                There are many applications for free on any electronic device, but the ones that are needed always cost too much money.  An application that all music oriented people need is a sheet music reader.  Being able to upload a file containing your sheet music would be extremely helpful because wherever you go, you would have easy access to it. 
                To all the technology people out there, please make an application that is free and can sight read sheet music.  I would if I could, but unfortunately I am not the technology savvy person that I wish I could be.  If I were to design the app, I would make it to where the phone or electronic device would take a picture of the music and then automatically have the application write in all of the counting and fingerings.  It would then be helpful to have the user choose which instrument to use and then have the application play back exactly what the sheet music is supposed to sound like.  I personally struggle with sight reading, so if I could hear the rhythm first and see the counting, it would make life and band a whole lot easier.  If I needed to, I would be willing to pay a couple dollars for an application like that, but free is always better. 
                There are applications out there that people can compose music and then the device would play back what the person has written in for music.  If I was really struggling with reading a certain line, I guess I could use an application like that and compose the music and then listen to it.  That process would take a lot longer and would just be a hassle. 
                Along with being able to have the music play for you, the music then would always be available to you wherever you and your device go.  While it may not be a good idea to carry around an instrument wherever you go, notes and rhythms can always be looked at.  Sometimes the best practice comes from just looking at the music, rather than playing it.  This occurs because after playing music for a while, a person’s hands and mouth become tired; so the quality of the practice may not be the best.   
                Having music on file in a device is always a good idea.  Some people lose music like crazy and having a backup location for your music would be a wise idea.  With technology these days, a person would just have to locate a printer and choose to print the music if it was lost.  No more coming to band unprepared, the music would never be lost. 
                Please leave a comment below if you know of an application that I am talking about.  I have researched a lot and have had no luck at finding my dream application that could benefit me in my music career.

No comments:

Post a Comment