Sunday, October 5, 2014

Pandora

              Music can be listened to in many different ways.  In the current time many people use the internet to listen to music.  Pandora is a common musical app for free that people can enjoy.  I love Pandora because it offers free music that each individual person is interested in. 
                Pandora has many different stations that people can choose to listen to and within each station a person can choose to like, not like, or skip a song.  Pandora then can personalize each station because it knows what music the person like to listen to. 
                There are only a few cons to Pandora.  Pandora is free to use because of all the ads it has.  Many people complain about listening to ads, but there is the option that a person can pay a monthly fee and not have ads.  It’s not like there is an ad after each song.  I barely hear any ads and when I do it only stays on for 30 seconds or less.  Another con would be that a person can only skip so many songs before that station says that no more songs can be skipped for that hour.  Once a station gets personalized the skip button shouldn’t have to get pushed too often because the station would only play the songs that a person likes.  Pandora can also sense a general theme in the music that a person likes, so if there is a new song and it is similar to songs that a person likes then it will be added into that station. 
                Pandora also has the option of having the station be an artist and artists that are similar.  It helps having that option because if people like the sound of a certain artist and the songs that the artist sings then it can find similar artist that a listener may have never known about. 
                When listening to a song on Pandora, if a person were to click on the picture of the album or the more information button it will show information about the song artist, lyrics, and other information that a person might want to know.  There is also an option of buying the sound track. 
               Updating Pandora regularly is beneficial because recently there was an update that included a sleep timer and alarm clock.  That can be really convenient especially when listening to music and trying to fall asleep because then Pandora wouldn’t be running all night long and wouldn’t use up a lot of data for internet connection. 
                Pandora is a great musical device to listen to and I highly recommend it for everyone and anyone who likes to have control over the music that they listen to.

2 comments:

  1. I have recently discovered Pandora and I love it! I need to figure out how to get it to work from my iphone in my car. Hmmm... I like the places where you explain the benefits of the feature and how a person could use it. Those parts are most helpful to me. I do also need help and encouragement in terms of trying new stations. I tend to always use the same one that I started with, but I should try more. How do you recommend I go about that?

    ReplyDelete